Tuesday, February 24, 2009

He looks homeless today.

OK I am at the point in my motherhood where I am not going to start a huge fight with my kids on what they are wearing. Really...I mean there are times in which I find myself saying: "No you can't wear that shirt to church, it has holes in it". But for the most part I allow them to wear what they want, and mainly I'm speaking of the boys. Brielle would run free in her diaper all day if I let her.

So back now to my boy Christian, who got himself ready for school today. He came out of his room smiling and I really did not want to see that disappear so I said nothing about the small homeless person that stood before me. Starting from his feet he had on muddy snow boot, which is fine because it's been messy muddy around here so I'll let that one slide. His pant were tapered khakis with pleats, I'm not sure where they came from, I know I didn't buy them, I know I wouldn't buy them. Did I mention they have pleats? Now I know what you're thinking khakis don't sound so bad, and they aren't, but these just git back from a wrinkle convention, and they were the facilitators. Hovering over the wrinkle diseased pants was his Boston Red Sox t-shirt which also attended the wrinkle convention, but wasn't in the higher echelons like the pants. Did I mention they were pleated? OK so Christian's beautiful smile couldn't hide the fact he had a mystery smudge running across the front of his nose. The reason I call it a mystery smudge is because I can't figure out what caused it. It wasn't the usual marker, or pen, nor toothpaste, dirt...nope. Still a mystery, and still on his face, and he's now at school. His hair was more than disheveled, he had bald spots because of how he slept on it. I did get him to brush his teeth, but the rest I let walk out the door. I am crossing my fingers hoping nobody notices, but there are a lot of Mom's that help with his class that only have one child, and that one child always looks presentable. Not mine, not today...but we kissed each other goodbye when they bus showed up, and he told me he loved me...it's a great way to start the day, even though his pants were pleated.

No comments:

Post a Comment